Monday, December 14, 2009

Sunday Dinner

Nothing like ending a great week and weekend of training than with a wonderful meal! After the mudfest in Bandera on Saturday, Paul was sweet enough to pick me up after winning his duathlon in Helotes. From there we headed to Boerne only to discover that ONLY 1 restaurant serves food between the hours of 2 and 5. This small town was super busy with people on Main Street shopping, but there was nowhere to grab a quick bite. Maybe I am completely mad, but this just does not make good business sense to me???
The weather was incredible on Sunday and I took advantage with my hill workout at noon. The sun was smiling down on me and it was just so enjoyable.

On Sundays the ritual is to prep Paul for departure on Monday. This entails me making food for him to take for the week in Dallas. On the menu this week is: roasted chicken with whole wheat pasta with diced tomatoes, tomato broth, peas, carrots, italian herbs, garlic, and parmesan. I also sent him with lemon herb rolls. Being as I can't really send him with fish, Sunday evening is a good time to enjoy some fish.

I had: grilled tuna steak over cabbage and spinach with sesame ginger sweet potatoes...YUM! And I made Paul: feta-spinach stuffed salmon with sweet potatoes and a spinach salad.

Side Notes: I found these FANTASTIC Calcium chews that are sweetened with beet and carrot juice. Bonus! AND, I am totally craving a hamburger...I had found a place that serves buffalo burgers in Boerne for Saturday but, surprise, they were closed :)

Bon Appetit!
mer

No comments:

Post a Comment